The vast majority of Hermès products are manufactured at our production sites in France. Our bags, luggage and small leather goods are produced by our artisans at approximately 12 French leather goods manufacturing facilities. All of our silk items (notably, ties and scarves) are woven and printed at our factories in the region of Lyon, the birthplace of silk. Hermès also makes use of specific expertise, such as watchmaking from Switzerland, cashmere from Mongolia, lacquer from Vietnam and wool from Scotland.
Some of our items in precious materials (crocodile, alligator, lizard, etc.) cannot leave their country of purchase without a CITES certificate (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora). Upon request, the certificate will be provided by your Hermès store and may require a few weeks to be established. The CITES certificate is valid for a limited period. You may need to renew your request with your local authorities if you wish to travel once again with your item. We invite you to check with local authorities whether any exceptions may apply.
You can, at any time, easily unsubscribe:
- By managing your newsletter subscription in your Hermes.com account;
- By clicking on the "unsubscribe" link included in each promotional e-mail we send you;
- By contacting our Customer Service by e-mail, whose details can be found on our website under the heading "Contact Us".
Your request may take a few days to become fully effective, which means that you may still receive promotional communications within days of unsubscribing.
The Hermès newsletter is an easy way to stay up-to-date on our latest news, events, fashion shows, exhibitions and new products.
- A reasonable frequency of delivery
- We will not share your email address with third parties
HERMÈS INTERNATIONAL has implemented security measures to protect the personal information you provide against unauthorised access and use.
However no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by persons other than the intended recipient.
The protection of personal data and the respect for people's privacy are major challenges for the Hermès Group and essential elements in maintaining a relationship of trust.
In this context, the Hermès Group has adopted and implemented Binding Corporate Rules (BCR).
BCRs are a data protection policy to ensure an appropriate level of protection for personal data transferred throughout Hermès Group entities, wherever they are located.
BCRs are a tool recognized in Article 47 of the General Data Protection Regulation (""GDPR"")*. They are legally binding and must be respected by all signatory entities of the Hermès Group, regardless of their country of establishment, as well as by all their employees.
Our BCRs include:
- The appointment of a data protection officer;
- Commitments to data security;
- An audit program to verify the application of BCRs;
- An internal program to manage customer requests for their data;
- A training program for our employees involved in the processing of our customers' personal data;
- The publication of the BCRs on the Internet and on our Intranet, and the provision of a copy of them on request.
* The GDPR is a European regulation that regulates the processing of personal data within the European Union. It was adopted on April 27 2016 and became mandatory on May 25 2018. The GDPR rules include giving individuals more control over their personal data and strengthening the role of national data protection authorities.
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you have the right to request access, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal data, to restrict or oppose its processing.
Please note that your rights are only applicable to your own personal data. For example, you will not be able to request access to someone else's data. Therefore, if you exercise any of the rights mentioned above, you will be asked to let us know which right you wish to exercise and to provide us with certain information so that we can identify you (for example: copy of an identity card, passport or other legally recognized identity document). These measures will allow us to process your request by protecting you against fraudulent requests from third parties and in compliance with regulations.
When you request access, rectification or deletion of your data, for example, we will provide you with the requested information as soon as possible after receipt of your request, but no later than one month. This period may be longer if your request is complex or occurs in a context justifying such an extension. We will inform you if this is the case.
We will comply with your requests to the extent required by law; in some cases, we may be legally required or permitted to retain your data. In such a case, we will inform you.
To exercise your rights, you can contact our Customer Service whose contact details can be found on our website, in the "Contact Us" section.
You can also access the full text of our BCRs by clicking here.
When it comes to sustainable development, Hermès’ mission is to strengthen our corporate project around the authenticity of each product and the application of our house’s ethics to all aspects of our business. By authenticity, we especially mean respecting natural raw materials and developing artisanal skills, essentially in France. Formalized in a charter, our corporate ethics enhance Hermès’ relationships with its staff, suppliers, customers and shareholders. Hermès is an attentive, concerned and committed company which conducts its business in a way that respects its ecological, social, economic and cultural environment. Our engagements and initiatives are detailed in our annual report, available at the following address: finance.hermes.com.
The Hermès Group is very active in the fight against counterfeiting. A team of legal experts is responsible for protecting the Group's creations and defending them against any violations. This team carries out many actions, which include both preventative measures (training and lobbying) and coercive measures (administrative, civil and criminal proceedings). These actions are implemented worldwide with special attention given to the Internet, which currently represents the primary vehicle for the sale of counterfeit products. You can help us in this fight by bringing any questionable websites to our attention ("Contact us" section).
For all questions regarding requests for philanthropic, partnership or sponsoring opportunities, or if you wish to get in contact with the Hermès Foundation, please visit fondationdentreprisehermes.org
A cookie is a small text file saved by your computer, tablet or phone which helps save and track information related to your use of the website.
Two types of cookie are present on our site:
- cookies that are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the website, which allow you to use the main functions of Hermes.cn such as storing your selected products in your cart. These cookies facilitate navigation and are necessary for online purchases.
- third-party cookies, notably cookies used for statistical analysis which collect browsing information on our site, help us improve your user experience and adapt our services to your preferences. Advertising cookies aim to personalize and/or improve content and browsing by offering services from other websites that may be of interest to you.
All information collected is anonymous. You can modify the cookie preferences at any time on your computer, tablet or phone device. We recommend not disabling cookies that are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the website as this will prevent you from being able to order online and from benefiting from Hermes.cn services. To manage cookies so they better suit your needs, we invite you to configure your browser settings keeping in mind the purpose of cookies. To consult instructions related to managing and deleting cookies, please visit the information about cookies page on your device.
Here to help
Have a question? You may find an answer in our FAQs.